Our course combines the essential business theory and practice from Aston Business School with supply chain expertise to prepare you for an exciting career. Affiliated with the NOVUS Trust, you will receive professional mentoring, attend industry seminars, go on-site visits, and gain exclusive access to placement opportunities.
Business and Supply Chain Management
Specialise in the industry that focuses on the efficient flow of goods and services from production to consumption in business operations.
Location: Aston University, Birmingham
BSc (Hons) Business and Supply Chain Management
You will develop a thorough understanding of supply chain management and support companies to satisfy industry needs and wants. Our course combines the essential business theory and practice from Aston Business School with supply chain expertise to prepare you for an exciting career.
What we will provide
We will offer you a unique blend of business principles and specialised supply chain expertise. With close ties to the NOVUS Trust, industry connections, and world-leading facilities, you'll gain the knowledge, skills, and opportunities needed for a successful career in this dynamic field.
What you will provide
You will be encouraged to find innovative solutions for optimising supply chain operations in a dynamic industry. Through dedication, continuous learning, and practical experience, you will enhance your ability to analyse data, identify patterns, and make strategic choices.
What skills we teach
You will learn the fundamental principles of supply chain management and the intricate processes involved in meeting customer demands and preferences effectively. This will enable you to delve deeper into the responsibilities of procurement, manufacturing, and logistics, while also exploring the essential aspects of planning, organisation, and resource management required to effectively oversee a global supply chain.
You will have the opportunity to undertake a placement year, gaining practical experience in the field. This valuable placement will enhance your understanding of business operations and supply chain management, while also strengthening your employability prospects.
Our business and supply chain graduates are highly sought-after, and through our NOVUS scheme, after graduation, you could be employed with one of the 27 companies involved which includes Wincanton, Arla, Sainsbury’s, DHL or Kingfisher.
Our lecture theatres and seminar rooms are available to provide you with theoretical content, while our computer facilities offer the necessary tools for data analysis, modeling, and software projects. You will have 24/7 access to our library which will be a valuable resource for you, offering a diverse range of digital and print materials such as textbooks, reference materials, academic journals, and online databases to enhance your learning.
- Provide you with the opportunities to realise your academic potential through appropriately conceived learning experiences.
- Provides you with an understanding of the physical and managerial processes involved with logistics generally, with specific reference to the integrated management of the end-to-end supply chain.
- Provides you with appropriately structured curricula, combining teaching in theoretical and knowledge-based principles with practical training skills.
- Ensures that development and modification of the programme prepare you to able to respond appropriately to the rapidly changing industrial environment.
- Prepares you with the specific academic and professional skills which are in demand by employers in UK and international business.
- Prepares you with the generic transferable skills to enable you to make a valuable contribution to business and society.
- Offers you the opportunity to obtain relevant industrial experience by providing the option of a sandwich year.
- Introduce you to the principles of the research process and their relevance to modern methods of management within the contexts of transport and the supply chain.
- Helps you create an awareness of self-development as a component of education and to develop the skills and attributes of lifelong learning.
BBB (standard offer)
BBC if grade B achieved in EPQ or Core Maths
BCC (contextual offer)
Aston Ready is our contextual offer scheme that could reduce your undergraduate offer by one or two grades. Assessed at the point of application, there are no additional forms to fill in.
- Extended Diploma and National Extended Diploma: DDM
- Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering with an overall grade of Distinction
- National Diploma and Diploma: DM plus 1 A-level at minimum Grade B
- Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering with an overall grade Distinction plus an A-Level in any subject at grade C OR achieve an overall grade Distinction in BTEC Sub Dip/ Extended National Cert grade in any subject at grade Merit
- Foundation or 90 credits Diploma: DM plus 2 A-levels at minimum grade B
- National Extended Certificate or Subsidiary Diploma: M plus 2 A-levels at minimum Grade B
- Certificate/ National Certificate Level 3: Not accepted
31 points and above, with 5, 5, 5 in higher level subjects.
Access with at least 30 Distinctions and 15 Merits at level 3.
Year 1 entry: We may consider applicants for year 1 entry who are undertaking a 1st year degree elsewhere. You must meet the GCSEs and A level (or equivalent) requirements as listed. In order to be considered you will need to submit a UCAS application as we do not accept direct applications and this must include an academic reference.
Year 2 entry: Please note that second year transfers are not part of the standard admissions process and is up to the discretion of the admissions team and tutor. Applications are only considered if there is space on that year of the programme.
Typically, applicants for second year entry must meet the GCSEs and A level (or equivalent) requirements as listed. Alongside this you must have gained (or be expected to gain) 65% overall and 120 credits on an equivalent programme at another recognised university.
The equivalency of the programme is reviewed by the Admissions Tutor and you will be required to provide an official copy of the programme specification of this. In order to be considered, you will need to submit a UCAS application as we do not accept direct applications and this must include an academic reference.
Year 3: We will not be able to consider any application for Year 3.
All candidates are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, any experience, references and motivation.
The following T levels are accepted qualifications for this course:
- Accounting Grade D
- Agriculture, Land Management and Production Grade D
- Animal Care and Management Grade D
- Building Services Engineering for Construction Grade D
- Catering Grade D
- Craft and Design Grade D
- Design and Development for Engineering and Manufacturing Grade D
- Design, Surveying and Planning for Construction Grade D#
- Digital Business Services Grade D
- Digital Production, Design and Development Grade D
- Digital Support Services Grade D
- Education and Childcare Grade D
- Engineering, Manufacturing, Processing and Control Grade D
- Finance Grade D
- Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty Therapy Grade D
- Legal Services Grade D
- Maintenance, Installation and Repair for Engineering and Manufacturing Grade D
- Management and Administration Grade D
- Media, Broadcast and Production Grade D
- Onsite Construction Grade D
- Health Grade D
- Healthcare Science Grade D
- Science Grade D
Additionally to our Level 3 requirement, you will also need to have achieved:
2 GCSEs grade C/4 or above including Maths and English
Fees and scholarships
|Annual tuition fees:||£9,250|
|During placement year:||£1,250|
|Annual tuition fees:||£18,150|
|During placement year:||£2,500|
Be part of our community
Once you have joined us at Aston University, you’ll always be part of our community, even beyond graduation.