To support this new approach we will be offering development for all staff and for managers.
For the All Staff sessions, on the Staff Portal, you will need to select the date you wish attend and within that, click on the magnifying glass to check the session matches the time session you wish to attend.
It’s my Development Conversation is a highly interactive and informative session for all staff using the method Forum Theatre*. You will watch a conversation between a manager and an employee and, with your help, you will shape how the conversation unfolds so that the impact of the conversation is optimised.
*Forum Theatre is a technique used while acting out a scene. As a delegate you are encouraged to stop the action when you think it is necessary, to suggest a different action. At other times, the actors themselves can stop the action, and ask for help.
Duration: Two hours
- *NEW* 4 February 2019, x3 sessions: 9:00-11:00, 11:30-13:30, 14:30-16:30
- *NEW* 5 February 2019, x3 sessions: 9:00-11:00, 11:30-13:30, 14:30-16:30
- *NEW* 25 February 2019, x3 sessions: 9:00-11:00, 11:30-13:30, 14:30-16:30
Sessions for managers / reviewers
A Year in a Day of Development Conversations is an interactive workshop for managers.
During this session you will:
- engage with two fictional characters using video clips and emails.
- explore behaviours and find out what happens as a minor performance event turns into a major performance challenge.
- practice skills and different approaches(communication, feedback, core people management techniques, to handle the situation, and then apply them to your own experience to improve performance.
Duration: One day
- *NEW* 11 March 2019, 9:30 - 16:30
- *NEW* 15 March 2019, 9:30 - 16:30
- *NEW* 18 March 2019, 9:30 - 16:30
- *NEW* 21 March 2019, 9:30 - 16:30
These development sessions can be booked via the Aston Staff Portal (search for Development Conversation).
If you are experiencing any issues, please contact email@example.com