Our rise in league ranks and our awards success over recent years are an indication that our efforts to be a leading, inclusive university at local, national and global level are becoming a firm reality.
Some of our highlights over the past few years include:
- 2020 Guardian University of the Year
- Silver Award by Athena SWAN for impact towards gender equality
- Top 20 for 3* and 4* rated impact by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- Outstanding Entrepreneurial University (Times Higher Education Awards, 2020)
- Best University Careers/Employability Service (National Undergraduate Employability Awards 2020)
- Aston Students’ Union ‘Buildings that inspire’ winner (Guardian University Awards, 2020)
- Complete University Guide 2022
League table rank: 47th
- 90.2% Degree completion
- 21st in the UK for the proportion of graduates in professional jobs or further study within 15 months of degree completion
- The Guardian University Guide 2022
League table rank: 25th
- Top 25 in the UK for 'Continuation', which assesses the proportion of students that continue in University rather than drop out
- 31st in the UK for 'Career Prospects' with 83%of graduates going into professional jobs or further study within 15 months of degree completion
- Better than the sector average for Continuation, Career Prospects, Course Satisfaction, Student to Staff Ratio, Expenditure per Student, Entry Tariff, and Value Added
- The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
League table rank 45th
- 28th in the UK for Graduate Career Prospects
- 33rd in the UK for students achieving First or Upper Second Class Degrees
- 36th in the UK for student Degree Completion Rate
- National Student Survey 2021
- 75.0% overall satisfaction among Aston students
- 78.2% satisfaction with 'Teaching on my Course'
- 77.1% satisfaction with 'Learning Opportunities'
- 74.2% satisfaction with 'Learning Resources'
'Teaching on my course' is our highest scoring section and we are slightly below sector average now.
If you want something a bit more 'marketable', we are above sector average for:
- Student Voice (+3.4%)
- Organisation and Management (+2.2%)
- Learning Resources (+0.6%)
and there are the following good course-level results:
- Business and Mathematics = 100%
- Chemistry = 100%
- Neuroscience = 96%
- Computer Sciences with Business = 90%
- English Language and Literature = 90%
- People and Planet University League 2019
9th out of 154 UK Universities and Colleges.
- Student Employability
Aston are inside the UK top 30 for 'Graduate Prospects', which measures student success 15 months after completion, in both the 2022 Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide, and the 2022 Complete University Guide.
In addition to this, the long term success of our graduates is reflected in the 2020 Longitudinal Education Outcomes results. Employed Aston graduates earn, on average, £8,000 more per year than the sector average 5 years after graduation. Aston's average salary of £33,200 five years after graduation is the 15th largest in the UK.
- Aston Business School
- Top 100 in the world for Business & Management Studies (QS World Subject Rankings, 2021)
- Ranked in the top 100 European business schools (Financial Times, 2020)
- Aston Business School is among 1% of business schools worldwide to have triple accreditation from AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS
- 24th in the UK for International Outlook (75th in the world) (Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2021)
- The Aston MBA is ranked in the top 100 in the world (The Economist, 2021)
The programme pages on our website list further details on Aston's rankings and statistics related to your chosen subject. Just use the 'Find a Course' button in the top right corner of this page to find your chosen subject and discover why Aston is the best place for you to study.