Games and Simulations in Accounting and Finance Education Conference, featuring the FEFE Project UK Symposium.
Featuring the UK Symposium for the “Financial Education for Future Entrepreneurs” Project Funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union
Thursday 20th September 9.30am — 4pm. Conference Aston Meeting Suites (CAMS), Aston University.
This conference is free to attend but places are limited. To register for the event, please use the link below before the registration deadline of 31st July 2018.
This conference will showcase some of the latest games and simulations which are available to support accounting and finance education and incorporates the UK Symposium of the ‘Financial Education for Future Entrepreneurs’ (FEFE) project, led by Aston Business School and funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union, the main output of which is a digital mobile game for developing accounting and finance skills for business.
The conference will also include presentations from invited speakers including game and simulation developers and also from those with experience of using games and simulations to support accounting and finance courses.
Speakers already confirmed include:
- Matt Davies – Aston Business School (Project Lead for the Financial Education for Future Entrepreneurs Project)
- Professor Hans Van Der Heijden – Sussex University (developer of Sumigi, a Financial Accounting assessment and feedback software tool)
- Richard Spencer – Head of Sustainability at ICAEW (Global Goals Game and BASE competition)
- Dr Susan Whittaker – University of the West of England (developer of AuditSim, an online, virtual reality audit simulation)
- Helen Scott – University of Liverpool (user of the AuditSim simulation)
- Harvey Sykes – Simulation Training Associates Ltd (owner of ‘BISSIM’, a business simulation exercise which can be customised for accounting and finance courses)
- Darren Sparkes – De Montfort University (user of the ‘Bissim’ simulation)
- Lisa Weaver – Warwick Business School (user of the ‘Bissim’ simulation)
- Professor Enrico Onali – Nottingham University Business School (adopter of the Portfolio Trader simulation, developed by Oxyor)
The agenda for the day and timings is currently being developed but a preliminary schedule can be viewed below:
9.30 – 10.00
10.00 – 11.25
11.25 – 11.45
11.45 – 12.30
‘Financial Education for Future Entrepreneurs’ (‘FEFE’) Project and Game
12.30 – 13.30
Buffet Lunch/Showcase games and simulations in action
13.30 – 14.45
14.45 – 15.05
15.05 – 16.00
Panel Session/Closing Address