Welcome Week 2023
Are you ready to ‘Get Ahead’?
Get ahead will support your transition to Aston by helping you:
• Find out more about how university differs from school or college
• Make the most of learning on campus and online
• Get organised for study and become an independent learner
• Develop your essay writing, communication and referencing skills
• Work on your maths skills
• Get the most from working with your personal tutor
• Connect with others through peer mentoring
• Look after your health and wellbeing
Get Ahead is available in Blackboard Learn – Aston’s virtual learning environment. Check out our Blackboard Learn help pages to get started and find your way around. To access Get Ahead and Blackboard you will need your Aston username and password. Problems accessing Get Ahead? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ahead of Welcome Week we are offering a series of live online sessions on the Get Ahead platform to help you prepare for university.
The events are free and there is no need to book. Just make a note in your diary and access the event a few minutes before the start-time. View our list of events and how to access them.
Aston Student Union
Your education should be of the highest possible quality and we value student opinions which is why, we ask students to volunteer as course representatives. Being a student rep involves meeting with university staff to discuss feedback you’ve got from discussions with your peers. The Students’ Union provides training and support so that you can perform your role well, develop as a person, and grow as part of a thriving community.
The work of previous Student Reps has resulted in assessments being marked more quickly, exam policies being made fairer, and the improved provision of course materials, so students’ opinions really can deliver change.