In accordance with consumer law and associated guidance, Aston University provides the following pre-contract information which enables prospective applicants to make an informed decision as to whether or not to accept an offer to study with us.
The offer letter will include the following:
- Whether the offer is conditional or unconditional, and, if we make a conditional offer, the details of your conditions, except that, where you are an undergraduate and applying through UCAS, the details of your conditions will be sent to you via UCAS.
- Your programme information will be provided to you in the form of a programme specification. This will be attached to your offer and will be specific to your chosen programme. This which will include:
- The programme title
- Expected entry requirements
- The main characteristics of the course content and structure
- Information about how the course will be delivered
- Methods of assessment
- Details of the award on successful completion
- Location of study and placements (where known)
- Length of course
- Details of the regulatory and accrediting body (where relevant).
- The programme fee. Where your fee status is unclear, a fee assessment form will be provided to you in a follow-up email, to enable the University to confirm your fee status i.e. UK, EU or overseas student, and the applicable fee
- Any additional costs you are likely to incur for example text books and printing costs
- Placement fees, as applicable
- Any programme-specific costs for example DBS checks, GMC registration.
- Terms and conditions of enrolment.
- ATAS certificate/visa requirements.
- Details of how you may accept your offer.
- If you accept your offer and change your mind, you are entitled to cancel your acceptance within 14 calendar days, beginning on the day after the University has been notified of your acceptance. In the event that this period ends on a non-working day, it will be extended until the next working day. In the event the University starts to provide the programme before the end of the fourteen day period referred to above, you may only cancel your place on the programme to the time when the programme begins. In order to cancel your place, the University encloses a proforma cancellation form with your offer.
Once an offer has been accepted, a contract will be formed between you and Aston University.
Should you have any questions in respect of your offer letter, please contact the Admissions Team, Admissions, Recruitment and Outreach, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET or email Undergraduate Admissions in respect of undergraduate queries, or, Postgraduate Admissions in respect of postgraduate queries.