Course outline and modules
This is a unique opportunity to gain extensive knowledge of all key areas of cyber security practice in the modern workplace, regardless of size or core activity and all whilst we work with you to find suitable employment after you finish the course. The CSI Centre is uniquely placed in the West Midlands to connect you with employers in the region.
Topics will include:
- Fundamentals of the cyber threat landscape: technology, people and processes
- Team building, organisational cyber culture and awareness
- Cyber operations, supply chain resilience
- Risk Management and Mitigation Controls
- Cyber/Business Strategy, Marketing and Communications
- Incident response and Digital Forensics
- Standards and professional best-practices
- Regulations and Compliance, such as Data Protection
At the end of the bootcamp, you will be able to
- Identify common types of cyberthreats, vulnerabilities and threat agents
- Distinguish the cyberthreat landscape, technologies, actors, and modus operandi
- Assess the risks of an organisation and identify appropriate mitigation measures and standard frameworks
- Design cyber security programmes by addressing internal culture, national and international compliance, sector best-practices and certification requirements
- Compare approaches to the design of a cyber security management function
- Be aware of the UK HMG frameworks for cyber security management, such as Cyber Essentials
Learning, teaching and assessment
The delivery method for the course will be blended. Face-to-face sessions will take place at a Central Birmingham location.
Pre-bootcamp materials will be made available on enrolment. These materials will be online and self-paced but required and monitored before learners join the in-person bootcamp of 16 hours of instruction per week followed with regular knowledge checks. The teaching approach will use three types of materials:
- Study guide – eBook format
- Hands on immersive labs created by cyber security experts
- Interactive media material online which is self-paced and addresses a variety of learning styles and different language competence.
Regular testing and monitoring of engagement will be implemented on a weekly basis.
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible applicants. Please note that individuals are only eligible to participate in one Skills Bootcamp in any one financial year but can apply for multiple Skills Bootcamps.
Applicants must be resident in the West Midlands or intend to secure a new role in the West Midlands at the end of the course.
For more information please email here.
As part of the Government's Skills Bootcamps initiative, this course is provided completely free of charge to the individual.
If a company wants to upskill their staff, a massive discount of 90% is available to SMEs (£3,600) and a 70% discount (£2,800) for larger employers to enrich your workforce’s knowledge and help protect your company.