Key information, entry requirement and fees
- Credit value: 15 masters level credits
- Mode of delivery: Distance Learning
- Course type: Standalone Module
- Number of places available: 10
- Start date: October
- Duration: 15 weeks
- Time commitment: Although this will depend upon the individual, a typical student can expect to spend around 10 hours a week throughout the duration of the course, equivalent to 150 hours of study in total.
- Fees: £1,100
- Entry requirements: Applicants must possess a good honours degree (first or upper second class) from a recognised university in a life sciences based subject e.g. chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacy, pharmaceutical technology, chemical engineering, pharmacology, physiology, physical science subject or an equivalent qualification as agreed with the Programme Director. Applicants must also be working in the appropriate field and if in the UK must be registered with the relevant professional body.
Course outline and what you will study
This module offers you an introduction to the practice of healthcare science and the opportunity to explore leadership within the context of clinical health.
You are able to use gain credit for this module within the Aston Flexible Credit Accumulation Framework and continued professional development. This module provides a flexible route if you wish to expand your knowledge and skills by studying one or more modules whilst also managing their working commitments. It also offers a taster of studying at this level without committing to a whole programme.
Learning, teaching, assessment and staff
This course is delivered via distance learning. You will access learning materials for general study, revision and assessment via our virtual learning environment, Blackboard. This platform allows you to access a comprehensive range of study materials, scientific journals, e-journals, databases and much more.
Assessment is by coursework submitted throughout at the end of the course. Coursework will take the form of an assignment applying what you have learnt to reflect on your leadership style and those leaders that have influenced you.
This module has been designed by leaders in industry, academia and clinical practice.
Your future career prospects
Our CPD courses offer you the opportunity to enhance your knowledge and skills in order to develop your career. In addition, our ethos is to equip you to make a real difference in your field.
This module forms part of our Neurophysiology PgCert and Clinical Neurophysiology Practice MSc which are accredited by the Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists under the Modernising Scientific Careers Accredited Scientific Practice programme.