Our Healthcare Science audiology degree is designed to equip you with a comprehensive understanding of audiology and the practical skills necessary to excel professionally.
This programme stands out as a premier pathway for audiologists, providing a full learning experience combined with hands-on learning through our extensive network of industry partners; developing your skills in our dedicated specialist facilities, and benefitting from the experience and insight of our expert teaching staff. During your time on the course, you will get the opportunity to:
- Find out how we can help people to hear with cochlear implants.
- Learn how to test patients hearing by looking at their brain waves.
- Discover more about advancements in the field, such as the latest hearing aid technology.
- Hear from a range of specialist guest speakers.
- Have access to the most up-to-date technology in our clinical skills labs including equipment that is not available in any other UK university such as our ear scanner.
You can also study this subject through a degree apprenticeship, meaning you’ll get to study for your degree whilst working. Your employer pays you a wage, and your fees are paid by your employer and the government, so you have no student debt when you graduate. The application process is different to a standard degree, and you’ll need to apply directly to an employer for your apprenticeship.