Business and Management
Do you want to become a business leader of the future and set yourself up for a rewarding career?
Location: Aston University, Birmingham
One year (April 2024 and September 2024 starts)
This dynamic and wide-ranging programme is suitable for graduates of all disciplines and is a fantastic platform to launch or progress your business career at a top business school.
You’ll benefit from a detailed insight into many areas of business, from strategy to operations and from marketing to accounting. You’ll also gain key leadership and management skills. By the end of the course, you’ll be equipped to go into a variety of roles for a range of organisations, including international companies and those operating in the voluntary and community sectors.
You will graduate with essential core business skills, enabling you to think critically about business strategy, understand the corporate skills of management, understand the key mechanisms behind the concepts of management, and gain an in-depth knowledge of vital areas of business, such as finance and marketing. Throughout the course you will be supported by lecturers who can translate their knowledge into the teaching experience, and help build your skills, getting you ready for the business world.
MSc Business and Management
Our MSc Business and Management course enables you to explore, test and apply your learning through various teaching methods, providing a deeper understanding of the subject throughout the course.
What we will provide
First-class teaching in the UK’s second-largest city, delivered by a diverse array of staff who will inspire and excite you. You will benefit from applied learning, research-informed teaching and constructive assessment. There are practical activities, including simulation exercises, reflective case studies, collaborative group work, thought-provoking class discussions as well as inspiring lectures and tutorials.
What you will provide
It is important you learn how to adapt a growth mindset to your studies – understanding that intelligence and success come from applying yourself, a willingness to learn and an ambition and drive to excel.
What skills we teach
The course will provide you with a clear understanding of modern business practices. It will develop your analytical and critical-thinking skills, allowing you to solve complex commercial problems and identify and deliver successful business strategies. This will enable you to hit the ground running in graduate roles.
This course provides the opportunity to tailor your studies to match your interests or career goals, offering advanced understanding in finance, marketing, human resources, and entrepreneurship. It is designed to set you on the right career path, aligning with your specific professional ambitions.
Bridging the gap
Piyushi transitioned from computer science to technology consulting, attributing her success to Aston University's comprehensive MSc Business and Management course.
- Provides a programme of study that meets the needs of local, national and international candidates, enabling you to learn by the exchange of experience as well as formal academic study.
- Meets the needs of recent graduates, and those already in employment who wish to acquire specialist skills and knowledge in business and management in order that they may embark on or progress successfully in their chosen careers.
- Provides you with an excellent learning experience that draws on the research and consultancy of Aston University academic staff, utilising the University’s links with business, professional and public sector organisations.
- Provides you with opportunities to enhance your employability by developing life-long learning and personal development skills.
- Produces well qualified graduates who are equipped for and aspire to senior positions.
- Causes you to reflect upon and develop your own positions in relation to corporate responsibility, sustainability and ethics.
- Develops awareness of the skills needed to work effectively in cross-cultural teams.
- Develops your ability to apply the principles of evidence-based management.
- Develops an appreciation of the strengths and weaknesses of such approaches.
- Develops abilities to be critical users of research-based information.
- Develops appreciation of the value of adopting multi-disciplinary approaches to the solution of business and management problems.
- Develops your ability to apply a range of analytical approaches to practical problem solving.
One of the following:
- 2:2 (lower second-class honours) degree or equivalent
- Equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University (see international students tab below for more information)
Speak to our Admissions Team
If you have any questions about the application process please get in touch with our postgraduate admissions team:
Call: 0121 204 3200 (Please note this line is open Monday-Friday between 09:30-16:30)
Meet your programme director
Dr Uche Ogwude
Programme Director, MSc Business and Management
If you have any questions about the course or modules you will be studying, you can get in touch via email and I will be happy to answer your queries.
Fees and scholarships
|Annual tuition fees:
|Annual tuition fees:
More information on fees
The United Kingdom government has confirmed that European Union (EU), other European Economic Area (EEA) and Swiss nationals commencing academic courses in England from August 2021 will no longer be charged the same tuition rates as UK students.
Tuition fees for students are reviewed annually and may increase in subsequent years in line with inflation linked to the Retail Price Index (RPI) to take account of the University’s increased costs of delivering the Programme. Any such increase shall always be in accordance with the law. When undertaking a placement year, a placement year fee applies.
This course prepares you for a wide range of professional and management careers across business functions and sectors including accountancy, marketing, operations, HR and strategic management.
The transferable skills that our business and management programmes provide mean our graduates are successful in finding employment in a wide range of roles such as:
- Digital marketing consultant
- Corporate client manager
- Senior quality control analyst
- Strategic advisor
- Regional benefits and value manager
- Customer service manager
- Business development executive
- Transportation manager
Our graduates have gone on to work at companies such as: the Cabinet Office, Citizens UK, Deutsche Bank, HelloFresh, Highways England, NHS, Shell, Sterling Bank Plc and British American Tobacco.
Supported for success
Brenda Guimaraes chose to study both her undergraduate and postgraduate degree at Aston University, with ambitions to start her own business.
Be part of our community
Once you have joined us at Aston University, you’ll always be part of our community, even beyond graduation.
Hello, what would you like to ask us?
Hello! We are a team of current Aston University students from various parts of the world, studying a wide range of postgraduate subjects.
Feel free to ask us anything about studying at Aston University.