Log into Pure using your University username and password to manage information on your research publications, projects and activities. Much of the information added to Pure is displayed publicly as staff profiles and publications on Aston Research Explorer.
You can use Pure for:
- Meeting open access requirements for the REF and research funders by uploading full texts to Pure.
- Raising the visibility of your research and managing your Aston staff profile at any time on Aston Research Explorer.
- Using PURE and Aston Research Explorer
If you are a new user of Pure at Aston University you will need to update your profile information. This is important as the information contained in your Pure account will appear on Aston Research Explorer and is a representation of you, your research career and your research interests. If you are an established researcher at Aston, but you would like to update your details, then they can be accessed and amended in the same way
- Log into Pure using this link: http://pure.aston.ac.uk
- Use your normal network credentials (username and password) to access the system
- PURE is entirely cloud-based, so you do not need to use a VPN to log in
If you are not able to log into Pure or get an error message, you may not be set up as a user yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access.
- How to Update your Profile
In PURE click on ‘Personal Overview’ (at the top of the submenu on the left-hand side of the screen).
- Your profile information should now appear on the screen (this will be basic when you first start).
- Click on the grey ‘Edit profile…’ button to open a new screen and see your personal details.
- Scroll down to the subheading entitled ‘Curriculum and research description’ and click the grey button ‘Add profile information…’.
- A new box will allow you to add information about yourself and you can select different topic areas to categorise your information (you may want to copy and paste from another source to save yourself time).
- Press the ‘Create’ button to add this content to your profile. If you have information already populating these sections then you should be able to amend the information.
- Make sure you press the blue ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the screen (otherwise you will lose all your changes).
- Further Information
Support for using Pure
For information on complying with Open Access requirements and uploading your publications to Pure, refer to the Open Access LibGuide
You can contact the Pure Team at email@example.com or 0121 204 4602.
User guides and training sessions.