Aston University Nursery and Pre-School Fees
Places are available on a full-time basis (7:30am - 6pm, Monday to Friday) or on a part-time basis, which can be made up of full days, morning sessions (7:30am - 1pm) or afternoon sessions (1pm - 6pm). Please contact the nursery directly for information on fees for your required booking pattern.
About our fees
- Invoices are generated on a monthly basis with fees payable in advance on the 1st of each month.
- A non-refundable £50 registration fee is required to register your child at the nursery.
- A deposit of £100 is required to reserve your child’s nursery place and booking pattern.
- Childcare vouchers are accepted. The Nursery’s Ofsted Registration Number is EY495721.
- Our fees include breakfast, snacks and lunch for a ½ day morning session, or snacks and afternoon tea for a ½ day afternoon session. Our full day rate includes all snacks, breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Fees will be calculated over 51 weeks of the year due to a nursery closure for 1 week during Christmas.
- There is no reduction for absenteeism, holidays or illness.
- Immediate termination of a place will occur due to non-payment of fees.
- Late Collection
Please note that a Late Collection charge of £7.00 per 5 minutes is applicable for all late collection.
- Payment can be made through standing orders / childcare vouchers / debit or credit card / salary sacrifice (for University staff only)
- For security, we would ideally like to avoid accepting cash or cheque but can do so if absolutely necessary
- Tax free childcare
- Early Education Entitlement (EEE) Funding
The Nursery is able to claim up to 15 hours free funding for your child the term after their 3rd birthday for the universal entitlement.
The Nursery is able to claim up to 30 hours free funding (if eligible) for your child the term after their 3rd birthday for the extended entitlement. For more information on the extended entitlement. Visit the childcare choices website for more information.
The Nursery is able to claim up to 15 hours free funding the term after their 2nd birthday for children who meet the eligibility criteria. For more information on 2 year old funding. Visit the Birmingham City Council website for more information.
One full calendar month’s written notice must be made to either terminate or alter a booking at the Nursery. Failure to do so will result in full fees being charged. Where a booking is altered a revised standing order must be submitted at the time of notification.
- Introductory Visits
Introductory visits are free and are arranged prior to your child’s start date.
- Non Standard Students
The nursery recognises that students who are studying non-standard programmes, which may consist of either intensive periodic blocks where attendance on campus is required or a programme which is taught on a one day per week basis, may have differing needs from students studying standard undergraduate or postgraduate programmes. We would be pleased to discuss individual requirements with students studying these programmes to try to endeavour that our service remains accessible. Please contact the Nursery Business Manager for further information.
Find out more for a full listing of our nursery fees