- University launches new online expert directory powered by ExpertFile
- The enhanced format makes searching for experts faster and easier
- Experts directory hosts over 65 academics from across all three colleges
Aston University has launched a new online resource – Aston University Experts Directory – that is designed with journalists in mind.
The enhanced format and features provided by this online resource makes it easier and faster to find experts for commentary on a developing story, learn more about the latest research that is making news and locate key facts and information about select experts.
The Aston University Experts Directory is also a resource for conference organizers and research collaborators. Faculty profiles on the site include biographical information and multimedia files to help find the right contact quickly and efficiently.
Pro-Vice Chancellor for research, professor Simon Green, Aston University, said:
“We are delighted to launch our new experts guide and showcase the wealth of research expertise that we have at Aston University.
“Working with ExpertFile to host and manage our experts directory has made the process a lot easier. It has enabled our experts to be more visible to journalists, policymakers and helped us export our academics further afield than just the UK.”
Features found on the new platform, powered by ExpertFile, include:
• Find an expert – Expert profiles are indexed by key information areas such as topics and are fully searchable by keyword to help users find the perfect expert.
• Spotlights – A page dedicated to highlighting experts available to discuss breaking or on-going stories in the headlines, which can save journalists from time-consuming expert searches on breaking news topics.
• Comprehensive expert profiles – Intuitive, easy to navigate profiles provide key information on experts such as education background, research, publications and speaking history.
• Multimedia and social media content – Content published by experts across a range of multimedia and social media accounts such as YouTube, Slideshare and Twitter are integrated into each expert profile to showcase their research and accomplishments.
• Fast connections to media relations – A new online form quickly routes enquiries to Aston University’s press and communications team that is ready to assist journalists with organizing and scheduling expert interviews.
• Optimized for mobile and people with disabilities – All content in the Aston University Expert Directory is optimized for use by the latest tablets and smartphones.
• Distribution – Not only will these profiles live on the Aston University Expert Directory, but they will also be discoverable through the Associated Press (4 platforms), Dejero, and on ExpertFile’s search engine of experts, giving journalists six additional areas to discover experts from Aston University.
You can view the Aston University Experts Directory here
- Notes to editor
About Aston University
Founded in 1895 and a University since 1966, Aston is a long established university led by its three main beneficiaries – students, business and the professions, and our region and society. Aston University is located in Birmingham and at the heart of a vibrant city and the campus houses all the university’s academic, social and accommodation facilities for our students. Professor Alec Cameron is the Vice-Chancellor & Chief Executive.
Aston University was named University of the Year 2020 by The Guardian and the University’s full time MBA programme has been ranked in the top 100 in the world in the Economist MBA 2021 ranking. The Aston MBA has been ranked 12th in the UK and 85th in the world.
For media inquiries in relation to this release, contact Rebecca Hume, Press and Communications Manager, on (+44)7557 745416 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be first to get the latest news, research and expert comment from Aston by following us on Twitter
Need an expert for your story? Browse our expert directory