Develop the scientific knowledge and professional skills needed to excel in an exciting and rewarding career in optometry.
Whether you are interested in undergraduate, postgraduate, or professional development study, the School of Optometry at Aston will provide you with innovative teaching methods, access to internationally renowned research, and highly skilled inter-disciplinary teaching staff to support you through your learning journey. From our BSc/MOptom to our range of professional courses, our aim is to enable you to acquire and develop skills as an independent learner.
Joining Aston provides you with the opportunity to become part of a rich and diverse community, dedicated to forward thinking innovative research, and training students to go on and provide patients with the best possible care.
- Advanced Clinical Practice in Ocular Health MSc
- Optometry / Ophthalmic Science MSc
- Doctor of Optometry / Doctor of Ophthalmic Science DOptom/DOphSc
- Advanced Dental Implantology MSc
- Professional Doctorate - Doctor of Hearing Therapy
Continuing Professional Development
- Ageing Eye Management - Standalone module
- Advanced Contact Lenses - Standalone module
- General Ocular Therapeutics - Standalone module
- Glaucoma - Standalone module
- Independent Prescribing for Optometrists
- Investigate Ophthalmic Science - Standalone module
- Medical Retina – Standalone module
- Myopia - Standalone module
- Nutrition and the Eye - Standalone module
- Paediatric Eye Care - Standalone module
- Prescribing for Disorders of the Eye - Standalone module
- Refractive Surgery - Standalone module
- Refractive Surgery 2 - Standalone module
- Retinal and Macular Disorders - Standalone module