All of our staff are clinically active at the ‘coal-face’, delivering services within the NHS and Aston audiology clinic, as well as providing high quality continuing professional development to health care scientists across the UK and overseas. They have developed some of the key professional guidelines to ensure best clinical practice is followed, and our researchers are at the cutting edge of understanding the psychosocial influences of chronic hearing loss, shared decision making and home screening of children.
Head of Department: Professor James Wolffsohn
- Academic staff
- Nisha Dhanda (Teaching Fellow)
- Zahra Gill (Teaching Associate)
- Dr Amanda Hall (Lecturer)
- Saira Hussain (Programme Director MSc Clinical Science (Neurosensory Sciences), Teaching Fellow)
- Christine Mitchell (Support Officer)
- Dr Helen Pryce (Programme Director MSc/Doctorate Hearing Therapy, Senior Lecturer)
- Dr Scott Richards (Clinical Teaching Fellow, and Programme Director Foundation Degree Hearing Aid Audiology)
- Sarah Riches (Clinical Tutor, and Director of Audiology Executive and Professional Development)
- Valia Rodriguez (Programme Directory MSc Clinical Neurophysiology practice/PgCert Neurophysiology, Lecturer)
- Claire Wilkes (Teaching Fellow, and Programme Director of BSc Healthcare Science (Audiology))
- Wahid Zaman (Senior Teaching Fellow)
We also regularly employ visiting and honorary staff.