The Engineering for Sustainable Development research centre has a track record in carrying out high-quality research in collaboration with national and international partners as linked to our three research themes, namely, Sustainable Energy, Sustainable Processes and Design, Water and the Environment.
During the event we will set out the Centre’s vision and plans to deliver ambitious and world-renowned research and to foster an interdisciplinary research community to address sustainable development challenges. Importantly, the event will include networking activities to build collaborative teams and will present some of our impactful projects. Lessons learnt will be shared and actions will be drawn in line with the Aston 2030 agenda.
- Registration 09.30 – 10.00
- Welcome from Aston University Dean of the College / Deputy Dean for Research 10.00 – 10.30
- Keynote TBC 10.30 – 11.00
- Director’s Talk Director / Management Team 11.00 – 11.20
- Themes Talks Themes Reps 11.20 – 12.00
- Lunch 12.00 – 1.00
- Open discussion as related to the three themes The Centre's Research Strategy Group 1.00 – 2.00
- Success Stories The Centre’s team 2.00 – 2.45
- Panel discussion on lessons learnt Moderated by the Deputy Dean for Research 2.45 – 3.30
- Conclusion Director 3.30