Aston University is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 as retained in UK law by the Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communications (Amendments etc) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (“the UK GDPR”). Your data will be stored by JISC on behalf of Aston University. The University’s statutory Data Protection Officer is Victoria Mee.
The data you provide will be processed for the purpose of evaluating the student experience of postgraduate taught students at Aston. Data collected will be anonymised before it is analysed. We will retain your email address for the purpose of administering the prize draw and will delete it when the prize draw has been completed and the prize claimed. Your personal data will be retained for a maximum of 12 months and will be deleted once the survey window closes.
Some information held by the University in your student record, for example course and gender, is attached to your response so that you do not have to provide it again.
You have the following rights:
- The right to be informed of how we process your data
- The right of access to the data we hold about you
- The right to rectification of your data where we hold incorrect data
- The right to erasure of your data, subject to certain conditions
- The right to restrict processing of your data where it is inaccurate or where you contest it, or where processing is unlawful
- The right to portability of your data
- The right to object to processing of your data
- The right for your data not to be used for automated decision making
You have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your data at any time until the point at which it is anonymised, when it ceases to be your personal data.
If you have a complaint about how we have used your data, please contact the University’s Data Protection Officer. You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.