Consumer Law Compliance Arrangements for 2017/18
In response to the Competition and Markets Authority (“CMA”) review of Higher Education providers’ compliance with consumer law, the University set up a CMA Steering Group (currently Sarah Davies, Frank Eperjesi, Sapreena Kumari, Alison Levey, Ben McAree and Victoria Mee), with responsibility for how compliance processes are carried out, and the communication with stakeholders. The Group reviewed how processes worked during 2016/17, and in May and June 2017, made recommendations to the University Learning and Teaching Committee (LTC), which were subsequently approved. These are contained in guidance below:
- The University's compliance with consumer law - recent activity and changes for 2017/18
- Appendix B - Curriculum Changes to be made for 2018 entry - School returns
- Appendix C - Deadlines for Modifications with material changes 2018 entry
- Appendix D - Deadlines for Modifications 2019 entry, and non-standard entry
Programme Approval and Modification
This section is applicable to all new programmes from 13 February 2017 and any programme modification or withdrawal form 02 March 2017. Any programmes already in the approval process should follow the previous process and documentation.
This page provides information for all taught degrees. For research programmes please click here.
Briefing slides on the new process for approval of new programmes can be found here.
- PASC Process Document for New Programmes from 2016/17
- What's new in new Programme Approval - Processes
- What's new in new Programme Approval - Forms
- PASC Process Document for Programme Modifications from 2016/17
- What's new in Programme Modification - Processes
- What's new in Programme Modification - Forms
- Academic Services Information Form
- Contacts (key contacts, PASC, CPSG and Schools)
- Curriculum Map Template (PG)
- Curriculum Map Template (UG)
- Design Principles (see section of the Process Document)
- Document Checklist (New Programme Approval)
- Document Checklist (Programme Modification)
- First Filter Form
- Module Template
- Pro-Forma for Calculating Costs and Income
- Programme Specification Guidance Notes
- Programme Specification Templates:
- Integrated Masters
- Postgraduate Taught
- Undergraduate Bachelor and LLB
- Undergraduate Foundation Degree
- Programme Specific Approval Panel (PSAP) Report Template (New Programme Approval)
- Programme Specification Update Document (Programme Modification)
- School Final Endorsement Form
- Single Stage Assessment Summary
For enquiries about the Programme Approval and Modification process, please contact Shelley Campbell.
If you have difficulties accessing any of these materials, please contact Steve Jones.