Congratulations! You’ve done the hard work; you’ve got an offer.
Now we just need to complete the final checks and give you all the information you need for the year ahead.
First, you need to let your college's Placement Coordinator know about the offer.
Here’s what we need to know:
- The name of the organisation you’ll be working for, and your job title
- The start and end date of your placement (or an estimate)
- The type of placement (international placement, UK placement, study placement, fixed-term placement, short placement or something else)
- If your placement is paid or unpaid. If is it paid, we need to know what your salary will be
- Where you found the placement (for example, on Aston Futures, by yourself, through your Placement Coordinator).
The next steps...
Once you’ve emailed all the information to your Placement Coordinator, they will be in touch with a copy of the Placement Agreement Form for you to complete. We’ll also ask you to obtain a job description outlining your responsibilities. This needs to be on company letter-headed paper, or be verified by the employer. Once you have both of these, you will be asked to upload them to MAP for us to approve. In some instances, depending on your employer, we may ask you to complete alternative paperwork. We’ll tell you if this is the case. If you are doing a Study Abroad placement, you will need to upload your offer email from the Placements Team, and the advert as posted on Aston Futures.
Before heading off on placement, we recommend you read our Placement Year Guide. It’s full of useful information to help you make the most of your experience.
If you require a personalised insurance letter to support your visa application, please request this through firstname.lastname@example.org stating your travel dates.
If you have any concerns about your placement, don't hesitate to get in touch - we’re here to help
If you have any questions about visas or finances, please contact The Hub.