We are one of fewer than 10 (globally) and two (UK) departments to combine marketing with strategy faculty. Housed within Aston Business School, the department has spent over 40 years cultivating a reputation as an internationally recognised centre of excellence for scholarly research, learning, and teaching in marketing and strategy.
Diverse and dynamic, our work spans all aspects of business activity including strategy, marketing, innovation, leadership, international business, entrepreneurship, human resource management, and organisation behaviour. We have notable strengths in the areas of consumer decision making and behaviour, sales and innovation, strategy-as-practice, and decision-making and strategy process. Through our rigorous research we provide insight into globally-relevant, managerially-challenging problems.
We offer specialised undergraduate and postgraduate programmes that combine high academic standards with practical application for today's rapidly changing business environment.
The department also leads the way on Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME), a United Nations initiative to achieve sustainable development goals through:
- Purpose: Developing students to be future generators of sustainable value for businesses and society within the global economy.
- Values: Practicing the values of global social responsibility as portrayed in international initiatives such as the United Nations Global Compact.
- Method: Promoting and enabling effective learning experiences for responsible leadership.
- Research: Advancing our understanding sustainable social, environmental, and economic value.
- Partnership: Collaborating with practitioners to extend knowledge of address social and environmental responsibilities.
- Dialogue: Facilitating and supporting dialogue on critical issues related to global social responsibility and sustainability.
Our staff work in an informal, inspiring, and inclusive environment. Our research activity is within the top 20% of UK business departments, and our learning and teaching has been rewarded with a Gold award from the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
We are committed to providing an engaging, challenging educational experience for our students. We challenge them to explore ideas and concepts in depth and stretch the limits of their ability, so they graduate as productive, globally-focused individuals.
We provide a broad marketing and strategy experience, covering general background to subject areas together with more focused exploration of current topics such as Digital Marketing, Marketing Analytics, ABC (strategy), and DEF (strategy).