Aston Business School
We’re part of an elite group of global business schools that hold the gold standard of ‘triple-crown’ accreditation from AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS, as well as appearing in the top 100 for Business and Management studies (QS World University rankings 2021).
Our staff have established a reputation for developing innovative teaching methods to make our students’ learning experience more rewarding, including pioneering the use of gamification.
Our students experience real-life business activities through placements and initiatives including a module partnership, in-house business clinics, and collaboration with charities such as The Prince’s Trust.
Our departments and research centres work together to further our understanding of key business disciplines and issues, with a focus on innovation and impact. In the latest Research Excellence Framework, 100% of our research achieved 3* or 4*.
Why Aston Business School?
- As well as extensive industry experience, some of our staff are responsible for writing the key textbooks used in their field.
- Our students engage with organisations of all shapes and sizes – from start-ups to multinationals.
- Our postgraduate students benefit from a professional development programme known as Aston Global Advantage, which focuses on more elusive social and personal aspects of business as well as offering opportunities to work or study abroad.
- Employed Aston Business and Management graduates earn £11,000 (39%) more than the UK average five years after graduating (Longitudinal Education Outcomes, 2020).
- We are the UK's second-largest city and located in the middle of the country, offering excellent travel links to Europe and great flight connections to the rest of the world.
- Vision and Mission
Aston Business School will be a global leader in bridging the world of intellectual discovery and the practical needs of enterprises and the professions.
Our goal is to enhance enterprise and enterprises. We develop individuals to perform better within enterprises and the professions, and to create successful new ventures.
We support business leaders in enhancing their organisation’s performance and growth. We advise policy-makers on ways to improve society and the economy. Our research creates new knowledge that furthers these aspirations. It is our particular aim to ensure that the opportunities we create are made available to all members of our society.
- Our History
From our early days as part of Birmingham Municipal Technical School in the 1890s, to our first MBAs being awarded in the 1970s, MScs in the 1990s, our iconic new building in 2006, and triple-accreditation in 2015, we’ve certainly made our mark on the business education landscape.
Our accreditations include:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
- CFA Institute University Affiliation programme
- Small Business Charter
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)
- Rankings and Awards
Our accolades include:
Top 100 in the world: The Economist Which MBA 2021
The Aston MBA has been ranked in the top 100 in the world by The Economist Which MBA 2021 ranking. The Aston MBA has been ranked 12th in the UK, and 85th in the world (ranked Jan 2021).
FT Top 100 European Business School
Awarded in recognition of Aston’s 'strategic' and 'inclusive' cross-institutional approach to supporting businesses, the West Midlands region and student entrepreneurship.
QS World University Rankings, 2021
Aston Business School has been ranked in the top 100 in the world for Business and Management by the QS World University Rankings.
CEO Magazine: Tier One Status
The Aston full-time MBA programme has maintained its maximum Tier One status in the 2019 Global MBA rankings.
Times Higher Education THE Awards 2020: Outstanding Entrepreneurial University
Aston University awarded Outstanding Entrepreneurial University (awarded Nov 2020).
The Guardian: University of the Year 2020
Aston University awarded: University of the Year by The Guardian (awarded Nov 2020).
QS Online MBA World Rankings 2021
The Aston University Online MBA has been ranked in the global top 30 by the, moving up two places to 26th in the world.
Eduniversal Rankings 2021
Aston University’s MSc Strategy and International Business ranked 1st in the UK
Aston University’s MSc Business Analytics ranked 2nd in the UK in the data analytics category.
MSc Entrepreneurship ranked 3rd in the UK in the Entrepreneurship category.