We’re committed to supporting you in your work and life. As part of that, we’re thrilled to introduce the latest addition to the Aston for Life offering: The Alumni Club. The Alumni Club will be your new space in the centre of Birmingham. You can sit and work, have meetings, and say hello to the team.
Whether you're a local resident, working in Birmingham, or visiting from afar, our Alumni Club invites you to your sanctuary in the city.
Catered to your preferred working style, from long communal tables to cosy sofas, the Alumni Club has the perfect spot to spark creativity or tackle your to-do list. You might be a startup that needs space to brainstorm, or a graduate looking for a quiet and professional backdrop for your remote interview. Maybe you need a base to work while in the city for business, or perhaps you're seeking an inspiring spot outside your regular office for productive meetings with your team. No matter where you are in your professional development journey - our flexible workspaces adapt to your needs.
Take advantage of:
- Bookable private meeting rooms
- A collaborative environment
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free coffee
The Alumni Club is not only where your professional journey began and continues - it's a versatile space where connections with the Aston family, our dedicated team, and fellow alumni flourish. This is your space to thrive.
Location: You can find the Alumni Club on the ground floor of Aston University’s new headquarters, John Cadbury House, 190 Corporation Street, Birmingham. Find the entrance between Boston Tea Party and Perch.
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 5pm
See our full Alumni Club terms and conditions below:
- Membership Criteria
The Alumni Club is exclusively for visiting alumni (Aston graduates). All alumni using the club must adhere to the rules and fair usage policy outlined below.
- Access and Opening Hours
- To enter the club, alumni need to provide their name and graduation year at the front desk upon arrival. Please note: further information or identification may be requested for verification purposes.
- Location: John Cadbury House, 190 Corporation Street, Birmingham, B4 6QD
- Operating Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:30 to 17:00
- Closures: The club is closed on public holidays (Bank Holidays, Christmas, Easter) and during Graduation week in July. Additionally, temporary closures may occur for cleaning, repair, maintenance, or unforeseen reasons. Advance notice, when possible, will be posted in the Main Building reception, John Cadbury House reception, and on the alumni website.
- General Facilities
- Visitors have access to free Wi-Fi and must comply with the University’s Acceptable Use of IT Facilities Policy.
- The Alumni Club is a space primarily for Aston alumni who do not ordinarily have access to campus facilities. Alumni who are also members of staff at Aston University can use the space (i.e. booking meeting rooms) but are encouraged to give priority to non-staff alumni.
- The Alumni Club can be used for business purposes however businesses cannot be registered at the address and sending or receiving personal or business correspondence to the club is not permitted.
- Pay and display parking is available on Corporation Street, operational from 08:00 to 19:30, with a maximum 4-hour limit (no return within one hour).
- Luggage and personal belongings cannot be left at the club. Any personal belongings must always be in your possession when visiting the Club.
- Meeting Rooms
- Alumni Club members have access to meeting rooms (subject to availability) on the ground and first floor at John Cadbury House.
- Members can book meeting rooms in advance by emailing email@example.com, with a minimum notice of three days.
- Bookings are limited to three hours per user per week, requiring details of the meeting's purpose and number of attendees.
- The Alumni Club, exclusive to Aston graduates, permits alumni to bring up to five guests into meeting rooms, limited to once a week. Guests must adhere to club rules.
- Behaviour and Conduct
- Visitors are urged to respect the club as a shared space for co-working, collaboration, and interaction, showing consideration for staff and fellow alumni.
- Those causing harassment, alarm, or distress may be asked to leave, potentially leading to future entry refusal. Cooperation in maintaining a positive environment is appreciated.
- Kindly minimise noise levels, recognising the club serves as both a workspace and a place for relaxation.
- Personal electronic devices should not disrupt or inconvenience others.
- Visitors must not mark, damage, or misuse club-owned items, including furnishings, fixtures, and equipment.
- Meeting room equipment (screens, cables, etc.) can be used but must be returned to its designated place in the same condition.
- The Alumni Club is a semi-enclosed space and Aston University assumes no responsibility for the security of personal belongings. Visitors are advised to exercise caution and attend to their possessions diligently. Personal items should not be left unattended. Any belongings left unattended in the shared space or meeting room(s) will be entirely at the risk of the owner.
- The consumption of food (hot or cold) is not permitted within the Alumni Club.
- Alcohol is only allowed during authorised events organised by the Alumni Relations and Development team; any unauthorised use may result in removal.
- Visitors not eligible for membership will be reported for investigation and may be asked to leave.
- Unauthorised promotional material (e.g. leaflets or posters) will be removed from the club.
- Cases of serious misconduct will be reported to the Alumni Relations and Development team and security, possibly leading to a temporary or permanent ban.
- Health and Safety Compliance
- All visitors must vacate the club promptly at closing time, on hearing the fire alarm, or as requested by a member of staff. The fire assembly point for John Cadbury House is on the grassed area in Ryder Street as indicated on the fire action notice which is displayed around the building.
- All visitors must comply with the University’s health and safety rules, and, where appropriate, follow any local rules whilst on university premises.
- In the case of any emergency, medical or non-medical, visitors should contact a member of the Alumni Relations and Development team or a staff member in the reception team at John Cadbury House.
- To report any safety concerns or hazards, please contact a member of the Alumni Relations and Development team or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review and Updates
- These terms and conditions will be subject to regular review and updates by the Alumni Relations team.
- Safety policies and operating procedures for the Alumni Club will also be subject to periodic reviews with amendments and updates taking place as deemed necessary.
For all questions related to the Alumni Club, please contact email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you soon!