My MBA experience was very rich. Aston is much closer to the real world than most other business schools.
Programme: MBA Full-Time (Class of 2015)
Position: Founder of MediFiles
My journey so far...
- Strategy Advisor, Capgemini
- Technology Manager, Capgemini
- M arketing and Insurance Office, Al Ansari Specialist Hospital
- Marketing Specialist, Andalusia Hai Al Jamea
- International Account Representative, Vodafone Egypt
- Dietitian and Nutritionist, Private Clinic
- Manager and Marketing Officer, Maadi Diet Clinic
- Why did you decide to do an MBA?
Studying an MBA has been one of my goals since I finished my undergraduate studies in Cairo. With several years of work experience as a manager in the healthcare field, I decided in 2012 that it was about time to take this step, in order to prepare myself for more senior roles within the healthcare industry – or shift my career towards the consultancy sector.
- Why did you decide to study at Aston Business School?
Aston had a compelling proposition as a programme that stimulates innovation and forward-thinking. ABS is entrepreneurship-inclined and they have a supportive, dedicated careers team working on improving their graduates’ employability.
- What was the highlight of your MBA experience?
Aston shaped my personal and professional profile. Thanks to the connections of the Business School I was invited to the House of Lords to consult on a draft agenda while I was studying.
The Aston MBA has many merits. To name a few, the cultural diversity was amazing, the dedicated study areas, the hundreds of real-life case studies we worked on and the very friendly and approachable academic staff, which you will never find anywhere else in the UK.
- How has the Aston MBA helped your career?
Aston taught us to challenge ourselves and try to exceed our most ambitious dreams. It shaped my strategic thinking to a very mature level.
I’m currently working at Capgemini UK, a global technology and consulting company as a Technology Manager in the healthcare sector team.
- What advice would you give to someone considering an MBA?
First, you have to be a very ambitious person, ready to work hard and challenge yourself to make the best out of it.
If you think it’s just another degree, don’t bother. Half of the MBA experience is about exploring opportunities, building relationships and discovering the strategic leader or the brilliant entrepreneur inside you. So be prepared to amaze yourself and others with what you’ve got!