Are you an Aston University postgraduate student? We're recruiting now! Take a look and get involved!
During this role, you will be the key contact for prospective international students, who are interested in studying at Aston University.
You will have the opportunity to expand your network and share your experience with the incoming students. As a Global Alumni Ambassador, you will be connecting with students from all over the world, through various channels. Incoming students will be able to ask you questions, from living in Birmingham to living on campus - you will be their go-to person!
This is a great chance for you to boost your communication and interpersonal skills, whilst being able to expand your network- We advise that you fill in the application quick as spaces are limited!
Applications open on 1st October 2022 and close on the 16th January 2023
Requirements for our Global Alumni Ambassador volunteers
- International, EU, or Home-based Aston University Master’s students who can share their experiences of studying at Aston University and living in Birmingham.
- Students who are patient and can give sound advice from their own Aston University experience.
- Flexible and willing to support potential students with their due diligence
- Articulate and ideally speak another language (Not essential but useful)
- Able to build rapport with people positively and quickly.
- Time commitment
- There is no set requirement for hours. However, we encourage students only to apply if they have spare time to commit to the role and attend events, such as open days, Education fairs, etc.
- The agreement is on the basis of ‘One academic year’, which can be renewed- if you wish.
- Students will usually begin to contact you after your graduation in Spring.
What we expect from you:
- A photograph (We can arrange for photographs to be taken, if you wish), link to your LinkedIn profile and a short testimonial- this will be used to create your profile on the Aston Global Ambassador Webpage.
- To be able to give practical advice to students based on your experiences, and to seek guidance from the Alumni Relations team about issues you are unsure of (Visa process, application information, course information, fees etc.)
- To respond to all queries from incoming students within 3-5 working days
What you expect from us:
- A key contact person from the Alumni Relations team, who will be on hand to offer you advice and support during your tenure.
- An ‘Ambassador Handbook’
- Most of all, A FUN YEAR
- Benefits of Volunteering - Get involved
Join an exclusive group of volunteers who give back to Aston University and Aston Business School and continue to share their positive experience with others and have:
- The opportunity to raise your profile and extend your network
- Be vital to the international recruitment of the school
- Your very own profile on the University webpages
- An ambassador pack with FREE merchandise from Aston Business School*
- An experience that looks great on your CV!
- A certificate upon completion.
* Aston Business School volunteers only
- Important information
You will not be entitled to contract on behalf of or bind Aston University in any way. You will not give any advice on visas but will refer potential students to the Aston Visa Advice service.
You will not charge prospective students in any way for your advice.
If you're interested in sharing your experience of Aston University, why not volunteer to become a Global Alumni Ambassador? Please fill in the application form below.
Please note: early submitting your application is advised as the places are very limited due to a competitive process. Applications are open from 1st October 2022 until the 16th January 2023.
Any questions, just ask!
If you have a question about our Global Alumni Ambassadors scheme, please contact the Aston Business School Alumni Relations team on email@example.com for more information.