- These Operational Guidelines set out how the Council operates under the authority of and within the framework provided by the University Statutes and Ordinances, in particular Sections 4 and 5 of the Statutes relating to the Council and its powers.
- If there is a conflict between the Statutes and Ordinances and the Operational Guidelines, the former take precedent.
- The Council has adopted the Operational Guidelines, which are reviewed annually, to promote the efficient and proper consideration of business.
- The interpretation of the Operational Guidelines (subject to the provisions of Statutes and Ordinances) shall be the responsibility of the Chair and their ruling shall be final.
- The role and responsibilities of a Council member are set out in the Appendix to the Operational Guidelines.
Approved by the Council of Aston University on 24th March 2021.