An event for teachers and careers advisers involved in Post 16 education (FREE)
The 23rd Annual Admissions Conference is being held at Aston University, Birmingham on Friday 12 January 2018. This event is aimed at teachers, heads of sixth form and careers advisers involved in post 16 education.
The conference programme is still being finalised and booking will open in the autumn term, however if you are interested in attending delegates can reserve up to 2 places per organisation by registering your interest below.
The last Annual Admissions Conference took place on 5 January 2017 and focused on issues facing admission to higher education and involved external speakers in addition to contributions from Aston University colleagues and admissions tutors.
The 2017 conference attracted over 170 visitors from across the UK, who got to hear from some of the following 2017 speakers:
- Professor Alec Cameron, Aston University - new Vice Chancellor
- Sapreena Kumari, Aston University - new Director of Student Recruitment and Outreach
- Professor Andy Westwood, Professor of Policy and Politics, University of Winchester
- James Durant, UCAS International Executive, UCAS
- Ben Rubery, Apprentice Programme Manager, Capgemini
- Roderick Smith, Director of Admissions, University of Birmingham
- Simon Chatterton, Director of Admissions, University College Birmingham
- Student Finance England
- Mike Thompson, Aimhigher Area Coordinator, University of Birmingham
- Rachel Lister, Head of Student Recruitment and Information, Cambridge Admissions Office, University of Cambridge
If you pre-register for the 2018 Admissions Conference we will be in touch in the autumn term to let you know when bookings open.
For further details at this stage please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 204 4771.