We are committed to providing open and accessible information and services to Care Leavers and are proud to offer the following provision:
- Care Leavers are prioritised in the allocation of places on all outreach activities including master classes, conferences, challenge days and summer school
- On campus events aimed specifically at Looked After Children and Care Leavers providing information on Higher Education pathways and support available
- On campus events for teachers and carers of Looked After Children
- Bespoke University Visits and services for Looked After Children and Care Leavers can be catered for on request
For information about our Outreach provision for Looked After Children please visit our webpage or alternatively contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Transitional support for Care Leavers
- Due consideration for Aston Aspire and Excellence Scholarships
- Pre-entry correspondence with UG applicants who have identified themselves as having spent time in care on their UCAS form
- A pre-entry appointment with the Student Funds Administrator to discuss support needs
- Student Funds Administrator can liaise with the applicant’s Local Authority (with their permission) to aid with the transition to University
- 42 week accommodation with option to apply for summer lets
- Personalised signposting to the comprehensive range of student support available, e.g. Pre-entry e-mentoring, Transition Mentoring, Study Skills development, etc
- Ongoing point of contact throughout time at University
Further information can be found by downloading the West Midlands Directory available here and on our care leaver webpages here.
Propel is brought to you by The Who Cares? Trust, an organisation which is designed to improve the day to day experience of children and young people in care and their futures. Many care leavers go on to achieve amazing things in higher education and so can you. For further information and to access the vast array of information, advice and guidance Propel can offer students with regards to higher education please visit their website here.