Members of the Schools and Colleges Liaison team are happy to give a range of talks and presentations for students at your institution. Our speakers can support staff training days or parents’ evenings as well as talks to groups of students at your Career Fairs. Talks can also be tailored to meet the individual school or college requirements.
This service is free of charge but we require a laptop/PC, internet access where possible and projection facilities to be provided.
Talks which we provide include:
- Why go to University? The Benefits of Higher Education
- Choosing a Course/University
- Applying through UCAS
- What do Admissions Tutors look for?
- How to write an effective Personal Statement
- A Guide to UCAS Reference Writing
- Student Life (often presented by Aston students)
- Student Finance and the importance of budgeting
- Study Skills and Revision Techniques
- Advice for Parents
- Why study at Aston University
- Careers and Employability (provided by our pre-entry Careers Advisors)
- Placement Years and Study Abroad (provided by our pre-entry Careers Advisor)
Our Careers department have a pre-entry Careers Advisor who is able to provide specific talks on employability skills, graduate recruitment, career planning and work experience. We are also able to offer more specialist subject talks given by a member of academic staff. Every year we visit over 100 schools and colleges across The Midlands and beyond.
The Aston University Outreach Office also offers a variety of services to Birmingham schools and colleges through Student Tutoring, Mentoring and other Outreach projects.
If you are interested in these services please get in touch with the team via email or call on 0121 204 4771