Higher Education Advice Evening
8th October 2014
This event is aimed at the parents of sixth form students to give them up-to-date knowledge and guidance and ensure that they have accurate information when advising their son/daughter through the application to University process.
Topics covered include:
· The benefits of Higher Education and employment opportunities after graduation;
· How to choose what to study;
· How your son/daughter applies to University and making the most of their application;
· Student Finance at University/College: what support is available, funding, budgeting etc
An outline of the programme for the evening can be found below.
A brief programme is outlined below:
4.30 – 5.15pm Optional Session – Tour of the Aston University Campus
5.00 – 5.40pm Registration & welcome drinks (opportunity to meet admissions staff)
5.45pm Welcome & Introduction
· The benefits of HE - Employment opportunities after graduation;
· Choosing a course;
· How your son/daughter applies to University – making the most of their application;
· Student Finance at University/College – what support is available, funding, budgeting etc
7.30 – 8.00pm Refreshments and a opportunity to speak to Aston University staff and students.
Although this event is intended for parents/guardians, students are more than welcome to attend. However due to the popularity of the event booking is limited to 3 places per booking and will be taken on a first come, first served basis.
Please click here to book your place on this evening.
All bookings must be received by 5pm on Monday 29th September 2014.
If you have any queries regarding this event, please do not hesitate to contact Steven Joesbury on: (0121) 204 4881 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of Aston University Schools and Colleges Liaison staff also attend parents evenings to speak on HE related issues such as UCAS, Finance, Why go to University etc.