Higher Education Advice Evening
8th October 2014
This event is aimed at the parents of sixth form students to give them up-to-date knowledge and guidance and ensure that they have accurate information when advising their son/daughter through the application to University process.
Topics covered include:
· The benefits of Higher Education and employment opportunities after graduation;
· How to choose what to study;
· How your son/daughter applies to University and making the most of their application;
· Student Finance at University/College: what support is available, funding, budgeting etc
An outline of the programme for the evening can be found below.
A brief programme is outlined below:
4.30 – 5.15pm Optional Session – Tour of the Aston University Campus
5.00 – 5.40pm Registration & welcome drinks (opportunity to meet admissions staff)
5.45pm Welcome & Introduction
· The benefits of HE - Employment opportunities after graduation;
· Choosing a course;
· How your son/daughter applies to University – making the most of their application;
· Student Finance at University/College – what support is available, funding, budgeting etc
7.30 – 8.00pm Refreshments and a opportunity to speak to Aston University staff and students.
Although this event is intended for parents/guardians, students are more than welcome to attend. However due to the popularity of the event booking is limited to 3 places per booking and will be taken on a first come, first served basis.
Bookings for this event have now closed. If you have any queries regarding this event, please do not hesitate to contact Steven Joesbury on: (0121) 204 4881 or via email at email@example.com
Members of Aston University Schools and Colleges Liaison staff also attend parents evenings to speak on HE related issues such as UCAS, Finance, Why go to University etc.