Higher Education Advice Evening
October 2014 - Date TBC
This event is aimed at the parents of Year 11 and Year 12 students to give them up-to-date knowledge and guidance and ensure that they have accurate information when advising their son/daughter through the application to University process.
Topics covered include:
· The benefits of Higher Education and employment opportunities after graduation;
· How to choose what to study;
· How your son/daughter applies to University and making the most of their application;
· Student Finance at University/College: what support is available, funding, budgeting etc
Details of the October 2104 Higher Education Advice Evening will be made available later this summer
The evening is aimed at the parents of Year 11 and Year 12 students to raise awareness of issues such as admissions and finance. An outline of the programme for the evening can be found below.
A brief programme is outlined below:
5.00 – 5.45pm Optional Session – Tour of the Aston University Campus
5.30 – 6.10pm Registration, evening buffet & drinks
6.15pm Welcome & Introduction
· The benefits of HE - Employment opportunities after graduation;
· Choosing a course;
· How your son/daughter applies to University – making the most of their application;
· Student Finance at University/College – what support is available, funding, budgeting etc
8.00 – 8.30pm Optional Workshop – Q&A Panel – An opportunity to speak to Aston University staff and students.
Although this event is intended for parents/guardians, students are more than welcome to attend.
If you have any queries regarding this event, please do not hesitate to contact Steven Joesbury on: (0121) 204 4881 or via email at email@example.com
Members of Aston University Schools and Colleges Liaison staff also attend parents evenings to speak on HE related issues such as UCAS, Finance, Why go to University etc.