Higher Education Advice Evening
Wednesday 10th June 2015
This event is aimed at the parents of Year 11 & Year 12 students to give them up-to-date knowledge and guidance and ensure that they have accurate information when advising their son/daughter through the application to University process.
Topics covered include:
· The benefits of Higher Education and employment opportunities after graduation;
· How to choose what to study;
· How your son/daughter applies to University and making the most of their application;
· Student Finance at University/College: what support is available, funding, budgeting etc
An outline of the programme for the evening can be found below.
A brief programme is outlined below:
5.00 – 5.45pm Optional Session – Tour of the Aston University Campus
5.30 – 6.10pm Registration & Evening Buffet
6.15pm Welcome & Introduction
· The benefits of HE - Employment opportunities after graduation;
· Choosing a course;
· How your son/daughter applies to University – making the most of their application;
· Student Finance at University/College – what support is available, funding, budgeting etc
8.00 – 8.30pm Refreshments and a opportunity to speak to Aston University staff and students.
Although this event is intended for parents/guardians, students are more than welcome to attend. However due to the popularity of the event booking is limited to 3 places per booking and will be taken on a first come, first served basis.
To book please click here and complete the booking form.
If you have any queries regarding this event, please do not hesitate to contact Steven Joesbury on: (0121) 204 4881 or via email at email@example.com
Members of Aston University Schools and Colleges Liaison staff also attend parents evenings to speak on HE related issues such as UCAS, Finance, Why go to University etc.