Entry requirements & fees
4 years full-time with integrated placement year or 3 years full-time
UCAS Codes: Biological Sciences (C112)
Cell and Molecular Biology (CC17)
Human Biology (B150)
Microbiology and Immunology (C550)
Please note you do not need to apply for more than one route through UCAS. The entry requirements are the same for all the routes.
A Levels: ABB-BBB including Biology or Human Biology.
IB: 33 points (Biology Higher Level 6 points, plus another science subject at Higher Level)
BTEC, Access & other:
- Access to Science for mature students (21+) considered on an individual basis.
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma: D plus two A Levels including Biology at grade AB
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Applied Science: DD plus A level Biology at grade B
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science: D*DD.
Whilst the grades listed here are our entry requirements, we understand that predicted grades are only an estimate. We will therefore consider applicants with predicted grades that fall slightly below these entry requirements if the application is of a high standard. However, any offer made will not be lower than stated above.
Specific subject requirements:
- A level: Biology / Human Biology at A level grade B or above. Chemistry at A/AS level welcomed but not essential.
- GCSE: English and Maths grade C
Tuition fees: £9,000 (£1,000 during placement year) for UK/EU students. (2015). More on fees
Applicants receiving offers are invited to an open day.