Our Psychology and Sociology graduates go on to pursue a very wide range of career paths. Graduates enter business and commercial careers, caring and social careers, teaching and local government careers and many others. Progression rate to a first job is very high for Aston students and career prospects are good.
The growth of the service sector puts Psychology & Sociology graduates at a premium – they have insight into motivation and behaviour and know about people, communities, relationships and group dynamics. Our graduates have excellent communication and teamwork skills, are critical and analytic and can design, conduct and analyse and evaluate research.
Graduates who have studied a Joint Honours Psychology or Sociology course, have a strong track record in finding jobs.
Our recent graduates have gone on to work in organisations including the Civil Service, the Police Service, local government, the NHS, Nestlé, Deloitte and IBM.
Recent roles of graduates from all Aston psychology courses include:
- 1:1 Support Worker, Leicestershire Council
- Account Executive, PCC - Perowne Charles Communications
- Assistant Director, Explore Learning
- Assistant Insight Manager, Müller UK & Ireland Group
- Assistant Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner, Herefordshire Foundation Trust/2gether Foundation Trust
- Assistant Psychologist, Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Assistant Psychologist, NHS
- Assistant Psychologist, Oakleaf Care
- Assistant Psychologist, Priory Group
- Behavioural and Mental Health Support Officer, Wolverhampton City Council
- Behavioural Mental Health Support Worker, Northampton Borough Council
- ChildLine Supervisor, NSPCC ChildLine
- Educational Psychology Intern, Birmingham City Council
- English Teacher, Shireland Collegiate Academy
- Family Support Worker and Project Facilitator, Malachi Specialist Family Support Services CIC
- Forensic Mental Health Support Worker, Inmind Healthcare Group
- Graduate Trainee, Thames Water
- Health Informatics Graduate Scheme, NHS
- Independent Mental Health Advocate, Advent Advocacy
- Marketing Internship, Red Cross
- Mental Health Support Worker, Prospects
- Mentor, Archery Academy
- MSc Health psychology, Aston University
- Paediatric Research Assistant, Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Project Worker, Addaction
- Psychology Assistant, HMP Full Sutton
- Psychotherapist, NHS
- Recruitment Consultant, Albany Beck
- Science Teacher, Teachfirst
- Senior Psychologist, Birmingham Children's Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Special Educational Needs Caseworker, Salford City Council
- Special Needs Assistant, Harestock Primary School
- Speech and Language Learning Support Assistant, Eldon Junior School
- Support Worker, UK Young Autism Project
- Teacher, City of London Academy
- Youth Crime Prevention Worker, Hampshire County Council.