Applicants receiving offers are invited to an open day
4 years full-time with integrated placement year
UCAS Code: CL83
- A Level: BBB
- IB: 32 points
- Access to HE: Access to Science or Social Science are considered from mature applicants only (aged 21+) on an individual basis.
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma: D plus two A Levels at grade AB
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Applied Science or Social Science: DD plus A level at grade A (excluding General Studies)
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science or Social Science: D*DD.
- We also welcome international students with equivalent qualifications to apply for our programmes. For international students without equivalent qualifications, it is also possible to gain entry to this undergraduate degree programme by completing an International Foundation Programme at Aston University, although please note the progression requirements to our programmes.
- For students with good A-level (or equivalent) grades, but who narrowly miss our standard requirements, it is also possible to gain entry to this programme by completing a Foundation Year although please note the progression requirements to our programmes.
Specific subject requirements
- A Level/AS: Science subject/subjects welcomed, but not essential. General Studies not accepted.
- GCSE: At least five GCSEs at grade C or above including two sciences or double award science at grade C, English at grade C and Maths at grade B (Maths can be considered at grade C when also taking Psychology or Maths at A Level).
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: In Applied Science or Social Science
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma: accepted together with two A levels at grade AB
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma: accepted with one A level (excluding general studies) at grade A
Whilst the grades listed here are our entry requirements, we understand that predicted grades are only an estimate. We will therefore consider applicants with predicted grades that fall below these entry requirements if the application is of a high standard. However, any offer made will not be lower than stated above.
- We welcome applications from students who have taken BTEC qualifications as a first option and who have met our other requirements.
- We do not consider applications from students who are unsuccessful in obtaining the required number and/or standard of A-levels for admission to our programmes and subsequently embark on a BTEC as a second option. Instead we would encourage you to resit your A-levels (see our resit policy below).
- We welcome applications from students who have tried to improve their examination grades by taking a maximum of one set of resits. We treat these applications in exactly the same way as other applications. However, if you have had more than one attempt at improving your grades, your application will be considered on an individual basis and we reserve to make an amended (higher) offer, or not make an offer.
Please note, your full educational background is taken into account and all qualifications are considered when we make a decision on your application.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. Find out more about our English language requirements
£9,000 (£1,000 during placement year) for UK/EU students.
£13,800 for International students (2016-17).
Applicants receiving offers are invited to an open day.