Applicants receiving offers are invited to an open day
4 years full-time with integrated placement year
UCAS Code: CL83
- A Level: BBB
- IB: 33 points
- Access to HE: Individual basis
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma: D plus two A Levels including at grade AB
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Applied Science or Social Science: DD plus A level at grade A (excluding General Studies)
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science or Social Science: D*DD. Eligibility dependent on modules.
- We also welcome international students with equivalent qualifications to apply for our programmes. For international students without equivalent qualifications, it is also possible to gain entry to this undergraduate degree programme by completing an International Foundation Programme at Aston University, although please note the progression requirements to our programmes.
For students with good A-level (or equivalent) grades, but who narrowly miss our standard requirements, it is also possible to gain entry to this programme by completing a Foundation Year although please note the progression requirements to our programmes.
Specific subject requirements
- A Level/AS: Science subject/subjects welcomed, but not essential. General Studies not accepted.
- GCSE: Two sciences or double award science at grade C. English at grade C and Maths at grade B.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: In Applied Science or Social Science
- BTEC Subsidiary diploma: accepted together with two A levels at grade AB
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma: accepted with one A level (excluding general studies) at grade A
Whilst the grades listed here are our entry requirements, we understand that predicted grades are only an estimate. We will therefore consider applicants with predicted grades that fall slightly below these entry requirements if the application is of a high standard. However, any offer made will not be lower than stated above.
- We welcome applications from students who have taken BTEC qualifications as a first option and who achieved five or more GCSEs (including Maths and English) at grade C or above.You would also need to meet the A-Level requirement listed above.
- We do not encourage applications from students who are unsuccessful in obtaining the required number and/or standard of A-levels for admission to our programmes and subsequently embark on a BTEC as a second option. Instead we would encourage you to resit your A-levels (see our resit policy below).
- We welcome applications from students who have tried to improve their examination grades by taking a maximum of one set of resits. We treat these applications in exactly the same way as other applications. However, if you have had more than one attempt at improving your grades, your application will be considered on an individual basis and we reserve to make an amended (higher) offer, or not make an offer.
Please note, your full educational background is taken into account and all qualifications are considered when we make a decision on your application.
£9,000 (£1,000 during placement year) for UK/EU students.
£13,500 for International students (2015-16).
Applicants receiving offers are invited to an open day.