The growth of the service sector puts Psychology & Business graduates at a premium – they have insight into motivation and behaviour and know about people, relationships and group dynamics, have excellent communication and teamwork skills, are critical and analytic and can design, conduct and analyse and evaluate research. As a manager you will be a problem solver, planner and leader, and this programme aims to prepare you for these challenges.
This course prepares you for many careers in both the public and private sector - for example advertising, management consultancy, caring and social careers, human resources management or teaching.
In addition, you will be able to enter careers in professional areas of psychology including occupational, educational and clinical psychology. It is also ideal for further study, careers in local and central government, social services, industry and commerce. Our graduates have proven success in finding clinical psychology placements.
Recent graduates have gone on to work in organisations including: the BBC, the Civil Service, Co-operative Bank, Deloitte, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, HSBC, IBM, Jaguar Land Rover, KPMG, local government, Marks & Spencer, the NHS, PwC and Tesco.
Recent roles of graduates from all Aston psychology courses include:
- 1:1 Support Worker, Leicestershire Council
- Account Executive, PCC - Perowne Charles Communications
- Assistant Director, Explore Learning
- Assistant Insight Manager, Müller UK & Ireland Group
- Assistant Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner, Herefordshire Foundation Trust/2gether Foundation Trust
- Assistant Psychologist, Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Assistant Psychologist, NHS
- Assistant Psychologist, Oakleaf Care
- Assistant Psychologist, Priory Group
- Behavioural and Mental Health Support Officer, Wolverhampton City Council
- Behavioural Mental Health Support Worker, Northampton Borough Council
- ChildLine Supervisor, NSPCC ChildLine
- Educational Psychology Intern, Birmingham City Council
- English Teacher, Shireland Collegiate Academy
- Family Support Worker and Project Facilitator, Malachi Specialist Family Support Services CIC
- Forensic Mental Health Support Worker, Inmind Healthcare Group
- Graduate Trainee, Thames Water
- Health Informatics Graduate Scheme, NHS
- Independent Mental Health Advocate, Advent Advocacy
- Marketing Internship, Red Cross
- Mental Health Support Worker, Prospects
- Mentor, Archery Academy
- MSc Health psychology, Aston University
- Paediatric Research Assistant, Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Project Worker, Addaction
- Psychology Assistant, HMP Full Sutton
- Psychotherapist, NHS
- Recruitment Consultant, Albany Beck
- Science Teacher, Teachfirst
- Senior Psychologist, Birmingham Children's Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Special Educational Needs Caseworker, Salford City Council
- Special Needs Assistant, Harestock Primary School
- Speech and Language Learning Support Assistant, Eldon Junior School
- Support Worker, UK Young Autism Project
- Teacher, City of London Academy
- Youth Crime Prevention Worker, Hampshire County Council.