The contents of this blended learning course are directed by the GPhC guidance titled: "Pharmacist independent prescribing programme - learning outcomes and indicative content". The course follows the consultation process, leading to appropriate prescribing and related patient monitoring.
Learning and teaching methods include:
- Face-to-face and hands-on learning and teaching
- Directed and student-managed learning
The course includes the development of:
- A portfolio of in-practice learning, including reflective evidence of competence for prescribing
- Clinical Management Plans
- Clinical case presentation.
Methods of assessment include:
- Portfolios of experiential learning, including Clinical Management Plans
- An oral presentation based on a written case relevant to the student’s area of competency
Study dates for October 2018 intake:
Students will need to attend all 11 study days as listed below, they must also be available for all assessment days (dates TBC) and attend one of the welcome evenings along with their DMP.*
- Wednesday 3 October 2018
- Wednesday 10 October 2018 (DMPs only)
- Thursday 11 October 2018.
- Tuesday 16 October 2018
- Wednesday 17 October 2018
- Tuesday 13 November 2018
- Wednesday 14 November 2018
- Wednesday 5 December 2018
- Thursday 6 December 2018
- Tuesday 15 January 2019
- Wednesday 16 January 2019
- Tuesday 19 February 2019
- Wednesday 20 February 2019
- Thursday 21 February 2019.
February and March 2019, exact dates TBC.
*Please note that all dates are subject to change and/or alteration.