Aston Pharmacy School utilises specialist teaching and research laboratories, recently refitted to very high standards in a £3m upgrade project. Depending upon the learning outcomes of each module, you may benefit from:
- Extensive and well equipped laboratories;
- Purpose-built dispensing practice laboratory;
- Medicines management clinical examination suite, to support learning of modern pharmacy areas such as clinical care and prescribing.
- Refurbished lecture theatres and seminar rooms with modern audio-visual equipment;
- A virtual learning environment used general study, revision and assessment. This platform allows you to access a comprehensive range of study materials, scientific journals, e-journals, databases and much more.
- Course texts and relevant journals are available from the library either electronically or in book form;
- Innovative teaching methods including problem-based learning, video recording sessions, computer-aided learning and patient-simulations.
Pharmacy teaching laboratories
All pharmacy undergraduate teaching takes place here. Usually students are analysing drug molecules; formulating drug molecules into capsules and tablets and looking at how quickly a drug is released from a tablet or capsules
Power handling room and tableting machine