The programme aims to:
- adopt a transdisciplinary approach, enabling you to explore social responsibility and sustainability from multiple perspectives in a business context
- engage in intellectual debates that reflect core issues and dilemmas and explore theories and practices relating social responsibility and sustainability
- provide flexible, comprehensive programmes of study that meet the ideas and needs of local, national and international students enabling them to learn by the exchange of experience as well as formal academic study
- provide students with an excellent learning experience that develops intellectual, subject based and transferable skills through drawing on the research and experience of academic staff at Aston and beyond
- ensure relevance by maintaining and enhancing the School’ s links with business, professional, public and third sector organisations
- combine both academic and practical perspectives relating to this area to enable students completing the programme to be prepared for roles related to social responsibility and sustainability in commercial business, the public or third sectors
- enhance life-long learning skills and personal development to enable students to work with self-direction and contribute to business and society at large
- develop and enable students to develop their capacities as an informed and self-aware individual contributing to progressive organisational and social change.
The programme then concludes with a dissertation project
In addition to your Aston degree, you will have the opportunity to participate in our international study exchange programme. Studying with one of our partner institutions, the programme will further enhance your international experience and communication skills, preparing you for a career in the international business environment.
Study routes available:
This programme is also available via a part-time/ distance learning route and as a postgraduate certificate. For more information please see:
Students of HKU SPACE who have graduated with a Postgraduate Diploma in Green Building Management are eligible to complete the Aston MSc Social Responsibility & Sustainability programme via distance learning, they will receive recognition of prior learning (RPL) of up to 60 credits. Find out more.
Business skills for life: the essential Aston Professional Development Programme
The Aston Professional Development Programme (PDP) is an integral module that forms part of your MSc taught course from day one.This compulsory module runs throughout the academic year. We have designed it around knowledge through practice - to enhance your employability as you customise the PDP experience to suit your own learning goals and skills development needs.
We take a multidimensional, qualitative and individually tailored approach. Using reflective models, we integrate a competency-based framework into our existing academic programmes. You will engage with different kinds of experiential learning, such as skills workshops, work-based experience, study abroad and develop your own unique skillset.
This pathway between theory and the world of work brings together Aston’s faculty, careers practitioners and business and academic partnerships teams to help you step into your future careers as culturally aware, global professionals.