Learning and teaching
Through a range of lectures, seminars and workshops you will learn:
- Market research covering research design: questionnaire design and sampling; data analysis using statistical techniques including correlation and factor analysis, regression, cluster analysis/MDS, SPSS
- Marketing planning, market-led innovation, pricing and marketing channel strategies
- Marketing strategy including segmentation and targeting, competitive positioning
- Brand portfolio building as part of a team in an extended simulation using the Markstrat software
- Marketing psychology including consumer decision-making processes and influences
- International marketing management including market research, selection, promotion and pricing strategies
- Marketing communications including designing and evaluating marketing communications plans and the promotional mix
- Services marketing including sector differences, measuring service quality, application of business process reengineering.
Other knowledge areas and skills developed during the programme include:
- Financial statements including Ratio Analysis, Income Statements, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Management accounting, Cost Volume Profit and contribution analysis
- Multi-cultural teamwork and presentation skills developed through group-work
- Analytical skills developed through research dissertation.
The taught modules are assessed through a mixture of examinations and coursework. The taught element of the course is complemented by a substantial piece of research leading to the completion of a dissertation.
Chris spent 30 years as a marketing practitioner in senior management and director positions before joining ABS in 2009. His extensive experience and awareness of marketing issues means that he is in a unique position to relate marketing theory to the real world as well as appreciate the practical importance of the modules offered in MSc Marketing Management. His own areas of research include accountability, innovation and creativity in marketing and marketing manager competences and strategic capabilities.