You will be assessed through a mixture of examinations and coursework. The taught element of the course is then complemented by a substantial piece of research leading to the completion of a dissertation.
By the time you complete this course you will have a clear understanding of:
- issues affecting employee motivation, job design and employee involvement
- innovation in organisations
- strategic HR, employee resourcing, employee development, employee relations, employee involvement and participation, work motivation
- selection and assessment methods, job performance measurement, reward management and career management
- basic counselling communication skills
- employee relations including employee participation and the impact of employment legislation
- negotiation and influencing skills, and the role of leadership
- positive psychology and its role in developing effective organisations
- organisational change, change management strategies and minimising work-related stress.
Dr Claudia Sacramento
Claudia completed her PhD in Management at Aston in 2008 and previously worked in Portugal as a consultant, providing training in customer care skills, teamwork and management of conflict. She has published various articles with her research interests in individual and team creativity, team processes, team effectiveness, and stressors at the workplace.