Taught modules are assessed by examinations and coursework. The taught element of the programme is complemented by a substantial piece of research leading to the completion of a dissertation.
You will acquire skills in the following areas: giving presentations; team working; report writing; negotiation and IT skills.
Modules taught on this MSc will enable you to develop a wide range of technical and transferable skills and knowledge demanded by graduate employers in banking and finance. Specialist knowledge areas developed on this programme include:
- Understanding of investment valuation and portfolio management, focusing on fixed income securities, pricing of futures and options contracts, performance and risk management
- Application of option pricing models and understanding of trading and hedging strategies
- Understanding of market microstructures including auction and dealer trading systems and the influence of liquidity, inventory and adverse selection on trading costs
- Understanding of key mathematical and statistical techniques underpinning finance and investment models including use of sampling and estimation theory, multiple regression analysis and approximation techniques
- Application of econometric techniques (including time series methods, smoothing techniques, principal components techniques) to modelling financial markets
- Multi-cultural teamwork and presentation skills developed through group-work
- Analytical skills developed through research dissertation
Enrico is a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Finance at Aston Business School. His research interests lie mainly in the areas of capital markets, banking, and corporate finance.