You will be assessed through a mixture of examinations and coursework. The taught element of the course is then complemented by a substantial piece of research leading to the completion of a dissertation.
The MSc in Information Systems and Business Analysis is designed to develop the key knowledge and competencies which are valued by international employers in related professions. These include:
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Dealing with clients and managing relationships
- Delivering projects which meet business requirements
- Time management and organisational skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be effective in an international team-working environment.
In addition to the specialist modules, you will follow an integrated professional development module which provides you with the tools and skills for linking your learning on the course to your employability, career planning and continuing personal development.
Mr Paul Bocij
BA (Hons), PGCert (SSRM), MPhil, LCGI, MBCS, CITP, FIfL
Paul is a Senior Teaching Fellow at Aston Business School, specialising in ICT, information systems and e-business. He is the author of numerous books related to technology and is one of the writers behind Business Information Systems, one of the UK’s most successful textbooks. He is a Chartered Information Technology Professional and a member of the British Computer Society. His industry experience spans more than 30 years.