You are a "sponsored student" if all or part of your tuition or accommodation fees will be paid by an external organisation (not a family member). This may be an employer, a government/embassy or scholarship funding organisation. Aston University will send an invoice directly to your sponsor.
What to do
Once you have accepted a place at Aston, let us know as soon as possible that you are a sponsored student. Ask your Sponsor to write a letter on their company headed paper, which clearly states the following:
- Your full name.
- Full details of where the invoice should be sent, including Sponsor contact name, details, address and e-mail address.
- Any reference or name that needs to be quoted on the invoice.
- What fees are to be paid by the sponsor (tuition, accommodation or both).
- Amount of money the Sponsor is contributing to tuition or accommodation costs (the value in GBP or percentage of the fees).
- How long the sponsorship will last. For example, whether you are being sponsored for one academic year only or for every year of your course. If this changes, your Sponsor will need to send us another letter. For example, if you are being sponsored for one academic year only, but your Sponsor later decides to sponsor you for every year of your course.
Two copies of the letter will need to be sent to Aston University. One copy should be sent to Chris Bergin, Finance Department, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B4 7ET. The second copy should be sent to the relevant Admissions Office (as detailed on your offer letter).
If you tell us you are a sponsored student, but we don't receive a letter from your Sponsor you won't be able to enrol until we receive it. Please note that we reserve the right to reject a sponsor letter and if your sponsor does not pay, you will be personally responsible for payment of the debt.