Your employability and your continuing success is of huge importance to us. But don't just take our word for it! Here are some facts and figures that will support your decision to study at Aston.
Currently 78.8% of Aston graduates find a grad-level job or further study within six months of graduation, compared to a national average of less than 70%, placing Aston inside the top 25 institutions in the UK (2017 Complete University Guide).
- Aston is consistently placed in the UK's top 30 for Graduate Prospects.
(HESA and Sunday Times University Guide).
- Aston has been ranked as a Top 10 UK university for producing millionaires. Research by investment firm Skandia highlights that 2 per cent of the UK’s millionaires went to Aston University, placing Aston University 10th overall.
- To date, Aston’s leading internship provider (Graduate Advantage) has helped 4000 students launch their graduate career.
- Over 200 graduate employers come on to campus each year to meet our students.
In the 2015/16 QS Graduate Employability Ranking, Aston is ranked 27th in the World and 3rd in the UK for ‘Partnerships with Employers’ and 47th in the World and 5th in the UK for ‘Employers Presence on Campus.’
BSEEN is a collaborative project led by Aston University, part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. It has helped 240 student/graduate businesses get started since 2012.
- Overall student satisfaction levels are 88% (2017 National Student Survey).
Aston graduates earn more
According to the Longitudinal Education Outcome (LEO) dataset provided by the Department for Education (2017):
- Business & administrative studies graduates earn £9,300 (35%) more than the UK average five years after graduating
- Engineering & technology graduates see their wages increase by £5,800 (23%) over a five year period after graduating
- Psychology graduates earn £2,400 (15%) more than the UK average one year after graduating
- English studies graduates earn £3,300 (21%) more than the UK average one year after graduating
More course specific information can be found on our course pages.