Our values include:
- enabling students, whatever their background, to develop as critical, reflective learners who will make a difference in the global workforce
- valuing and respecting the diversity of the Aston Community
- promoting justice, integrity and sustainable growth in society
- providing a safe and healthy environment with a good work-life balance
Policies and Practice
Our Equality and Diversity Policies aim to ensure:
- fair and consistent employment practices
- fair admissions, teaching, learning and assessment for Students
- a positive working environment that promotes dignity and respect for all Students and Staff
- a commitment to our legal responsibilities not to discriminate and to positively promote equality in all aspects of our work
The University’s Equality & Diversity information is monitored and reviewed regularly.
This website is an attempt to increase access to the work of the equality and diversity unit. We welcome constructive feedback on our initiatives and policies, and along with the equality information that we are required to publish under the Public Sector Equality duty input from those members of staff and students who have a particular interest in any aspect of equality & diversity . We published our Equality Objectives in April 2012 and will report on progress with our action plan in April 2013.
If you wish to access any of the information on this website in alternative formats i.e. large print, Braille, tape or CD Rom. Please contact Jane Tyrrell, Associate HR Director on (0)121 204 4587, email: email@example.com