For the manager …
… an alternative way to build your team
An apprenticeship is a real job with training allowing the apprentice to achieve a nationally recognised qualification whilst earning a salary.
- Apprenticeships can enable us to grow our own talent and build a loyal and qualified workforce. Some of the benefits of apprenticeships are:
- Apprenticeships can help tackle skill shortages
- Apprenticeships can attract enthusiastic talent with fresh ideas
- They can be tailored to specific job roles, making them flexible to your team’s / department’s needs
- Apprenticeships provide you with the skilled workers you need for the future.
- Apprenticeships can increase employee satisfaction and loyalty and help reduce staff turnover.
- As the University is paying the new apprenticeship levy, the cost of an apprenticeship is likely to be already covered
Apprenticeships are available to both new and existing staff!
If you are considering taking on an apprentice or offering an apprenticeship to a current member of staff please contact your HR/OD Business Partner to discuss your needs
Ready to recruit? Click here!
Note for Managers
New apprentices employed by the University will be paid 80% of the salary for the grade of that role. As the grade of the role is likely to be determined by HERA (job evaluation scheme) you are advised to discuss this along with any other aspects of apprenticeships with your HR Business Partner.
Current salary scales for apprenticeships are available via this link.
Please note that there will be no changes to the salaries of existing staff undertaking an apprenticeship.