Student records

The information you provide at enrolment is used to form your student record. It is vital that these details are as accurate and as up-to-date as possible, to ensure that you always receive the correct service from us, that all relevant course information is included in your final award and that we can contact you, or your next of kin, in an emergency. You can update many of your personal details via MAP, but if you wish to change th enature of your studies, such as change programme or move to part-time, you will need to discuss it with your tutor first. The most common details that may change are:

Change of Contact Details

Once you are enrolled at Aston University, you can keep your address details, including telephone and e-mail details, updated via MAP.

Change of Programme or thinking of leaving

If you have doubts about your programme, it is important to get accurate information and advice in order to ensure future entitlement to funding from your local authority or other sponsor. There are a number of people who you can talk to such as staff in your School of Study, a Student Adviser in The Hub or in the Advice and Representation Centre, based in the Students’ Union. For undergraduates, there is a section which summarises the issues and options for you. Remember to keep your School of Study and Local Authority informed of your decisions to prevent any problems with billing for fees.

Change of Circumstances: UK/EU Undergraduates

If your circumstances change at any stage during your studies or before you begin your course, you must tell your Award Authority (eg Local Authority) immediately. In particular, they will need to know if you change institution, course, address or suspend or leave your studies. You can download a form (CO1) for this purpose from their website and the Advisers in the Hub and ARC can help with this.

Employable Graduates; Exploitable Research