- Beginners level: aimed at complete beginners up to those with GCSE grade C in the language (or equivalent qualifications)
- Intermediate level: aimed at those with at least GCSE grade B up to AS grade C in the language (or equivalent qualifications)
- Advanced classes are aimed at those with an AS level grade A or B in the language (or equivalent qualifications)
- If a language/level combination does not appear in this list it is either not being taught or already full)
- We do not currently offer Beginners Level or Advanced Level Japanese. If you study Intermediate Japanese, you will not be able to progress to Advanced level in subsequent years.
Which language and level would you like to study?
Students on the Languages for All programme are expected to:
- attend classes each week (normally two hours per week.) You must attend a minimum of 80% of your timetabled classes. If you fail to attend for three weeks in a row without informing an appropriate member of staff you may be removed from the Programme;
- complete regular assignments/homework independently as specified by your tutor;
- submit work on time and take note of feedback so as to enhance and improve your learning;
- inform the Languages and Social Sciences School Office as soon as possible of anything which might affect your attendance or ability to complete the Programme;
- complete all assessments required for the Programme. Formal completion of the Programme is measured by the attempt to take every component of assessment;
- purchase text books as necessary.