IT facilities and language laboratories
Students in the School of Languages and Social Sciences have access to:
- Four dedicated LSS computer rooms
- The Cadbury Room - a group-working area and library
- A DVD library (French, Spanish, German, English & Chinese)
- A friendly support team (David Pollard, Ikra Mustafa & Timothy Nip)!
These facilities are in addition to central ones - there are many computer rooms and group work spaces around the university.
As well as standard software such as Microsoft Office, we provide:
- Language learning material for French, German, Spanish and English ("how to" video);
- Research software (NVIVO and SPSS);
- Audio and video-editing tools;
- Corpus linguistics tools (Wordsmith and Antconc).
Computer Assisted Translation Tools