The Centre for Forensic Linguistics, Aston University, is proud to be hosting a one-day conference on Current Trends in Forensic Linguistics as a part the ESRC Festival of Social Science 2013. This year the Centre for Forensic Linguistics marks its fifth anniversary and the conference will exhibit its achievements since its inception, showcase the latest developments in the field and further develop open dialogue between the stakeholders and academics. Topics discussed will include authorship analysis, linguistics of police interview, communication needs of litigants in person and interpreting in court from leading practitioners, consultants and academics. For the final programme please check http://www.forensiclinguistics.net.
Confirmed Speakers to include:
- Lee Rainbow - Head of Profession for Behavioural Investigative Advice, National Policing Improvements Agency
- Professor Malcolm Coulthard - Emeritus Professor of Forensic Linguistics, Aston University.
- Dr Tim Grant – Director, Centre for Forensic Linguistics, Aston University
- Senior Legal Professional Speaker to be confirmed
- Dr Krzysztof Kredens–Aston University
- Dr Jack Grieve – Aston University
- Dr Tatiana Tkačuková – Aston University
- Dr Nicci MacLeod – Aston University
- Dr Yvonne Fowler – Aston University
The event is free.
A limited number of tickets is available on application to John Pollard:
Email: j .firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0121 204 5161