Test dates for 2014
We are now taking bookings for the following test dates:-
16th August Academic and General Training (Cancellations only)
6th September Academic and General Training
20th September Academic and General Training
Test fee 2014: £150
See ielts.org for the full list of test dates.
How to Apply:
On-line applications must be accompanied by the following hard-copy information sent by post:
- The test fee can be paid in a variety of ways - see 'How to Pay'.
Candidates are no longer required to submit photographs with their applications for tests taken from 1st January 2014.
Alternatively print the paper application form and hand write your personal details (send with the above information).
Please use the application form to indicate your first and second choice of test date. If these dates are full, we will inform you by telephone or e-mail, and return your application form and refund your payment.
Please post all applications to:
IELTS Test Centre, Room NW809, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, B4 7ET
Your booking will be confirmed by e-mail, as soon as your personal information has been checked and your payment is cleared.
How to pay (you can now pay on-line)
You can now pay for your test online:
- Online (by credit or debit card) - follow the instructions carefully before you proceed to the payments page. NB: Please enclose a copy of your online receipt with your application as proof of payment.
- You can also pay using your credit or debit card at the test centre when you make a booking.
- Postal order or cheque - send together with a completed application to the IELTS test centre address (above). Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to 'Aston University'.
- Cash - bring your application form, photos, passport and fee to the IELTS test centre. Please do not send cash in the post.
Receiving your results
Results are posted by standard Royal Mail to your home address 13 days after the test date. Please note that results CANNOT be communicated via telephone, fax or email.
If you prefer to collect your results in person, please come to the IELTS test centre on the 13th day after your test (Friday, between 9.30am - 12.30pm) and bring your passport with you. If you fail to present your passport we reserve the right to withhold your results.
You can check your results online up to 40 days after results are published. Follow instructions in the link in your booking confirmation email to access your results.
If you would like us to send your results to you by DHL or Royal Mail Signed For Delivery, please phone us for prices.
If you took the IELTS test on 5th April 2014, results will be available for collection from the centre on Thursday 17th April 2014 as the university will be closed from Friday 18th April until Wednesday 23rd April 2014.
Enquiry on Results (EOR)
If you are not completely satisfied with your results you can request a re-mark by completing an EOR Form. Please return the completed form with your original TRF within 6 weeks of the test date. Please make a cheque for £60 payable to 'Aston University' or pay on-line using you debit/credit card. Details of the EOR Process are attached.